[arthistoryminors] Last Week's Weekly Update

Mail list for Art History Minors arthistoryminors at uci.edu
Mon Apr 27 08:59:05 PDT 2015

You are hopefully checking our Facebook pages (Dept of Art History and AHUA), following us on Twitter, and visiting our website on a weekly basis since I occasionally fall short and miss sending my self-imposed weekly update (as I did last week). But there are so many great things going on right now, I just got busy and forgot!

Anyway, here are some highlights:  a great summer class with space available, internship opportunities and upcoming events:

Summer Session I Art History Class: Global Art Scenes:
[cid:image002.png at 01D080C5.A371EF10]
Internships:

Dawson Cole Gallery in Laguna Beach: internship available/ Deadline 4-29-15

APAPA Bay Area 2015 Summer Internship Program deadline May 22...

JACCC Awarded Getty Foundation Multicultural Undergraduate Summer Internship Grant Deadline April 29, 2015
https://www.facebook.com/pages/UCI-Art-History/254529871249639

Events:

OCMA STUDENT NIGHT FRIDAY, MAY 8, 2015 | 6:00PM - 8:30PM

Live OC Roller Girls roller derby scrimmage on the patio, photo booth, and gallery tours led by OCMA interns. Inspired by the rebellious spirit of OCMA's Alien She exhibition,

Free admission.

Thanks to Alum Sabeeha Mirza fopr sharing!

https://www.ocma.net/event/student-night-spring-2015<https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ocma.net%2Fevent%2Fstudent-night-spring-2015&h=6AQFEKt2L&enc=AZPF50-Rl52kRvrm9xH0nvtb1smfvxTUbHv6WSqUqNlyZkd8aMHpwEMh_1PAEY6mDL6gYm5fOTAdEC5kvat7zz3LSoR7NcewtU4A2FWDPgBcSHy8E4P7T48U4PQro9FFCZhkbM_hSltjVe3enuzEgxGu_2JhWXoyHyyqcm4he5dBu_QkKnrWVKKC6evWL9wSyDkg6lxbfIrffS93CY7YNqJM&s=1>

Meditation Training w/ Tibetan Monks:

Train your mind for peace, happiness and compassionate living. Join Tibetan monks visiting UCI under the UCI Tibet Initiative.

[cid:image006.png at 01D080C8.35E6D840]

Also open to staff and students, the monks will be teaching a Tibetan Language course for seven weeks. This is free of charge. To register, email Bibi Do at bdo at uci.edu. First class begins Tuesday, April 28th at 5:30pm in KH 200E.

[cid:image004.png at 01D080C7.8023C720]