[arthistorymajors] What's Up in Art History?

Cecilia Flanagan c.flanagan at uci.edu
Wed Sep 20 12:33:28 PDT 2017

What’s Up in Art History this week?

  *   Welcome to Art History Invitation
  *   Free DACA Clinics and Renewal Fee Grants
  *   Anteater Involvement Fair
  *   Paid Internship with Careese Quon

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the First Issue of the 17-18 “What’s Up” in Art History mail blast, full of useful information, invitations, internships and other stuff.

I will endeavor to provide you with a weekly “What’s Up”, but I encourage you to follow us on twitter<https://twitter.com/UCIArtHistory> for the quickest, most succinct way to keep up to date on the many opportunities that we provide. You might also check out our facebook page<https://www.facebook.com/ArtHistory.UCI/>, Art History Undergraduate Association<https://www.facebook.com/uci.ahua/> facebook page (where I also post pretty much everything I email to you), and our Art History website<http://www.humanities.uci.edu/arthistory/> where you can find details about classes we’ll be offering, our faculty, how to contact us, and more.

[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/1d39YMrTn4xbWyJeFEMlvu2WuxneR1fG91Oxa4zVN7Yif6kvnULWvAVGvIO8k3IWSEw-zhvPfizVvT1QRh9hm7EGKEvT4ARGcw1RksFMjaro6Ps5lhJlpp6Gb6Azm0JHEzL_rj-h]

Free DACA Clinics & Renewal Fee Grants
Dear Anteaters and UCI family: Are you worried about renewing DACA or coming up with your renewal fee? No need to worry, we have you covered. The University of California will be holding free DACA renewal clinics across the UC campuses.

All University of California students and their immediate family members are encouraged to attend these free clinics. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP and sign up for the clinic that is most convenient for you to attend, regardless if it is at UCI or another UC campus. Every person attending should fill out a separate RSVP form.

UC Irvine's DACA renewal clinic will take place on Sunday, September 24 from 5:30 - 8:00pm. Please keep in mind that USCIS will no longer be accepting first-time DACA applications, but if your current DACA grant expires before March 5, 2018, it is extremely important to attend this free clinic and renew your DACA.

If you need financial assistance to pay for your DACA renewal fee, we encourage you apply to the Mission Asset Fund to cover the cost. These DACA Renewal Grants will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis! Visit the website to register. Students should submit applications as soon as possible so that funds can be made available to them before the Oct. 5, 2017 renewal deadline.

If you have any questions, please contact Jacqueline Dan, UC Irvine staff attorney.

Jacqueline T. Dan, Staff Attorney
University of California Immigrant Legal Services Center
Email: jtdan at uci.edu | Phone: (530) 400-2062
https://uci-immigration-attorney.youcanbook.me<https://uci-immigration-attorney.youcanbook.me/>

Want to volunteer for the DACA Renewal Clinic? Sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/KMrci2DE9J665wDw2<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fforms%2FKMrci2DE9J665wDw2&h=ATO5m5vI1s9qylY5w1Ds-4AaZ0R0cBN6FXYSj6ypviLv6x8PLwM_b0Gxu2S86bqr2LZbJ0-aK-qGonts7SbABV68CCZCVfQN0cm35ncGRt9x7Ad9NRZOVvhiF0r8UT125UjIheBPJwwJVgNLunKteqyUYIOZjdeczXX90ngpgevA2XMcuAz6lHq0bIl9JKtZy3jiwhMwFDwOtvBCPChdIhAOLEvmYnooqMXiloDr_ZX8S9teEKF-7OTUmRKElJ4omHIoxj9Il_pZWQiFPedg0D_RrITaPw8vO9hvk_LRE-at7SLq>
At your service,
DREAM Center Staff
Ana Miriam Barragan
Assistant Director
DREAM Center
Office: 112 Cross-Cultural Center
Phone: (949) 824-6390
Mobile: (707) 621-2125
Fax: (949)824-8219
ambarrag at uci.edu
http://dreamers.uci.edu<http://dreamers.uci.edu/>
Book an Appointment<https://uci.youcanbook.me/>

Meet your fellow students (all majors are included) at the Art History Undergraduate Association’s booth located at H 355 between 11 and 4 on Monday, September 25th (located at bottom center of screen shot below)
[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/1eBGmYOQzGk4IlKvUueVmAfSanYuuQuAiT7bZBPdgY0zd7KiusmBn-dRIo6OQp25xwqiPU16SZS0QKzdV66GAQYNHJqj1bpk2CZn-IJhITOfViuxoBnpTGzwJ9BtWwXrnn8DFhmQ]

PAID FALL QUARTER INTERNSHIP IN SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING Deadline High Noon Monday, Sept 25th: Careese Quon is the founder of the site, LycheeStyle.com.<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2FLycheeStyle.com%2F&h=ATPfNNd8l3pheoeKLOV-AUvPejtmrSeAT-sWnB_jLt-f8LcpGzoE5jcyjqZGHDQwBMRjcmtarmM_TBg99HIWqvNDuXbvaXHk28Wn3neV83mqTlO5gYX_Jht9PCIOoWgK9mC-qM2yV9TIsV3LBF4ej_as4JQuji3agtzrG2IVE2M1Yp2JaiL3qh0DDkywwdg3aMOvFpSWI0i_7SjnbFvDuTrc-OiBKfsGrykHHKOLIW4oM9jzlgKS5ZCaJy-CqjngRDF_gjW1tr9V9fjAQFT4wjwWcaWeMMtdLZbAJgNHpMUhlUa5> Careese graduated with a B.A. in Global Cultures and a minor in Art History from the University of California, Irvine in 2013. She is an Instagram influencer, photographer, and content creator of @lycheestyle on Instagram with over 170,000 followers. As a result of her personal successes and insights on the platform, she has had the opportunity to provide Instagram coaching and services to hundreds of Instagram influencers and business owners in the fashion and lifestyle industries. She has worked with brands such as Vanity Fair, Paul Mitchell, French Connection, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, L’Oreal, and more.
Careese is looking for an intern who is interested in working with her brand and company, Lychee Style, to gain experience in the social media marketing industry.
This internship will include the following:
-Writing and editing content for blog posts
-Researching and managing business email leads
-Learning how to use social media management tools
Qualifications:
-Excellent written communication skills and attention to details are a must
-Must be able to follow through on project milestones that are assigned
Time commitment:
-6 hours/week with an in-person project/mentorship meeting once every 1-2 weeks. Total of 60 hours/$1,000
-All project milestones can be completed remotely
-Looking to foster a long-term working relationship
Application due before Noon, Monday, September 25th.

Interviews will be scheduled for September 29th. Please submit the following materials to Cecilia Flanagan at c.flanagan at uci.edu:<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fuci.edu%2F&h=ATOp6HYkhBo_ElDcGRKaVb9frCATBbs0GlAi_3yMvUzmO7RIewHC56mZWZEYayfK94lG0RT6HHjUhm3lxVm2Xdb3XZBX-uOdcZ_9GGlUjgTPQqIvYd6FK7hFz12ccgcDZIhDERH5hHyCbYGpN9sH7iwqqOStoN1e9rN-xhOsnLjaLl7e2EJfU_lVI9bMQZEwHOFcpnnODKo_jtdduIXAPlrRT6mNUpUlV0F5rOAxXsLle3Xt1HJKZ9Q8gnNdlJaBqa0MTPVv_iljGy5uzCvGiClGNTHqhJdQjPd4FEAqsZB7-8J0>

-Letter of application
-Resume
-One reference
-Unofficial transcript