[arthistorymajors] Internships, Pizza Night (tonight) , Awards, Art Exhibition and more….

Cecilia Flanagan flanagac at uci.edu
Tue Mar 31 10:52:59 PDT 2015

So much is going on now! Please take a little time to follow up on these opportunities and benefit from the events, internships and awards we are planning for you.

Visit:
https://twitter.com/UCIArtHistory
https://www.facebook.com/pages/UCI-Art-History/254529871249639
https://www.facebook.com/uci.ahua
http://www.humanities.uci.edu/arthistory/

Read on for the many opportunities for you coming up in the next month!

First, Food. AHUA is having a fundraiser at Blaze Pizza tonight beginning @ 5:30. Print out the flyer attached (also copies below) and bring it in with you.

Second: Check out the internship opportunities posted and emailed to you by me including: Friends of Art History Award Applications for Museum Internships, Bowers Internship Application, and gallery internships. Check in weekly on Wednesday afternoons for the most up-to-date information. Twitter is a quick way to stay on top of things if you’re pressed for time.

I’m sending out a call for applications for a Museum Award for students who have undertaken unpaid internships (look for it tomorrow on social media and email).

I’m also resending the Bowers Museum internship call out (look for that tomorrow as well).

Third: scan all the emails I send you. There are many opportunities available to you, but you have to be on top of things to benefit from them.

Fourth: Add stuff you’re interested in to your calendar. For example:

Event coming up this Thursday:
“Naturalism: Pictorial Truth and Social Reality”
by Alexander Potts
Max Loehr Collegiate Professor
History of Art Department, University of Michigan

Thursday, April 2, 2015
4:00 pm
Humanities Gateway 1010
More details about Professor Potts at the following link:
http://www.lsa.umich.edu/histart/people/faculty/ci.pottsalexander_ci.detail

[Fundraiser Flyer_backgrounds-02]