[arthistorymajors] A great opportunity to take advantage of! Read on.

Cecilia Flanagan flanagac at uci.edu
Wed Sep 24 12:43:08 PDT 2014

Dear Students,

I am an art historian who lives locally and who taught the course "Art and Politics Now" at UCI in fall 2011.  I am also a scholar on the art of Robert Rauschenberg.  I wrote my dissertation, Random Order: The First Fifteen Years of Robert Rauschenberg's Art, 1949-1964, at the Institute of Fine Arts, NYU, and curated the exhibition, Robert Rauschenberg: The Silkscreen Paintings, 1962-62, for the Whitney Museum of American Art in 1990.  I have written and lectured extensively on this artist and his contemporaries and currently teach courses on contemporary art at UCLA Extension.

The invitation to students from Artsy and the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation reprinted below appeared in my inbox yesterday.  If any student or group of students at UCI would be interested in entering the contest to conceive of an exhibition on or around the art of Robert Rauschenberg, I would happy to serve as advisor.  Please note that submissions are due by October 20, 2014!

For more on the Robert Rauschenberg Emerging Curator Competition see
https://artsy.net/feature/robert-rauschenberg-emerging-curator-competition?utm_source=Current+Users&utm_campaign=2c97c3db39-Weekly+email+%23155_Rauschenberg&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c67eb1f0a4-2c97c3db39-412156157<https://artsy.net/feature/robert-rauschenberg-emerging-curator-competition?utm_source=Current+Users&utm_campaign=2c97c3db39-Weekly+email+#155_Rauschenberg&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c67eb1f0a4-2c97c3db39-412156157>

With all my best,

Roni Feinstein

ronifein1 at yahoo.com