[arthistorymajors] Exciting News about our recent grad, Michelle Maasz!

Cecilia Flanagan flanagac at uci.edu
Tue Jul 15 09:52:15 PDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Humstaff] Staff Announcement - Development Coordinator
Date: 	Mon, 14 Jul 2014 23:03:02 +0000
From: 	Nicole Balsamo <nbalsamo at uci.edu>
To: 	humstaff at uci.edu <humstaff at uci.edu>

Dear Colleagues:

I am very pleased to announce that Michelle Maasz will be joining the
School of Humanities as the Development Coordinator effective Monday,
July 21, 2014.

Michelle’s responsibilities will include general administrative support,
special events coordination and financial administration for the
Development department.

Many of you may recognize Michelle’s name because she just graduated
from UC Irvine last month with dual degrees in Art History and Dance.
Michelle was also our School commencement speaker, a member of the
campuswide honors program and the recipient of many honors including the
Chancellor’s Award of Distinction, Barnard Sekula Award in Art History
and Steven Criqui Memorial Scholarship. During her time at UCI, Michelle
held four internships including roles at the Segerstrom Center for the
Arts, the Irvine Barclay Theater, and the Laguna Dance Festival. For her
thesis project, she also developed and produced a multicultural dance
expo which celebrated diversity and community at UCI called the Melting
Pot Festival. With her limited free time, Michelle also supports her
passion for dance by continuing to teach ballet to children.

Michelle brings excellent organization and communication skills, an
enthusiasm for the Humanities and a proud Anteater attitude which will
be a tremendous asset to the Development department.

Michelle will be working Mon/Wed from 9:00 am – 1:30 pm and Tue/Thurs
from 9:00 am – 2:30 pm. She will be located in 4349 Humanities Gateway
and can be reached at campus extension 4-1605 and mmaasz at uci.edu
<mailto:mmaasz at uci.edu> . Please join me in welcoming Michelle BACK to
the School of Humanities!

Warm regards,

Nicole

*Nicole Balsamo*

Director of Development

School of Humanities

University of California, Irvine

4100 Humanities Gateway

Irvine, CA 92697

Office: 949.824.2923 *l *Fax 949.824.2379

nbalsamo at uci.edu <mailto:nbalsamo at uci.edu>

www.humanities.uci.edu <http://www.humanities.uci.edu>