[arthistorymajors] Need $1, 000? Friends of Art History internship grants are available! And more on our new Website! Read On!

Cecilia Flanagan flanagac at uci.edu
Mon Apr 1 13:21:18 PDT 2013

UCI's Friends of Art History offers grants of $1,000 to students who
have completed an unpaid internship in a museum during the past
twelve-month period.In order to apply for a grant, you must meet the
following criteria:

1.Be a current Art History major at UC Irvine */or/* an Art History
alumnus who has graduated during the 2012-2013 school year.

2.Have a minimum 3.4 GPA in the major and 3.3 GPA overall.

3.Had an internship extending at least eight weeks and sixty hours or more.

*_Applicants should submit the following information by 5 pm Wednesday,
April 17^th , 2013:_*

·Your unofficial transcript.

·A two-page essay explaining your internship responsibilities and what
you gained from this experience.

·A letter of recommendation from your internship supervisor addressed to
Professor Bert Winther-Tamaki, Department Chair, and mailed to the
attention of:

_
_

Cecilia Flanagan, Undergraduate Coordinator

2000 Humanities Gateway

Department of Art History

Irvine, CA 92697-2785

Optional:A letter of recommendation from one of your professors or TAs.

*_Don't qualify yet? Wish you did? _*

There will be a second opportunity to apply for a FOAH grant of $1000
during Fall 2013.Start your research and planning now, get those grades
up, get to know your professors and TAs, take advantage of office hours,
and go out and find that internship!

Not sure where to start?I post all kinds of useful stuff on a regular
basis. THERE ARE NUMEROUSSCHOLARSHIP, GRANT, AND INTERNSHIPOPPORTUNITIES
AVAILABLE NOW!Visit:

our *new* website http://www.humanities.uci.edu/arthistory/

our Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/UCI-Art-History/254529871249639

AHUA's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/uci.ahua

Get comfortable with these resources, check in once a week or so, and
take advantage of the opportunities we make available to you.Carpe Diem!

Note 1: An internship is a great way to gain experience and make
valuable connections.Check out the article I recently posted "What
Employers are Really Looking For in College Grads".

Note 2: Posts to the Department Facebook page link to Twitter, so you
might want to follow us.

Questions?Email me at c.flanagan at uci.edu <mailto:c.flanagan at uci.edu>