[arthistorymajors] New Australia Travel-Study Program

Roberta Geier rjgeier at uci.edu
Wed Feb 23 17:15:24 PST 2011

Dear Students,

We are excited to announce a new Australia Travel-Study program this
summer. The travel program is open to all majors on all UC campuses and
there are no prerequisite courses. We will start with two weeks in the
vibrant city of Sydney. We will then travel to Far North Queensland to
participate in conservation efforts in the Daintree Rainforest. From
there you will be able to visit the Great Barrier Reef. Three courses
are offered (total 12 UC units) that introduce students to Australian
culture, history and environmental politics, and encourage students to
develop their own independent research or honors projects. If you think
you might be interested please visit the program website below, fill out
the simple application form attached, and make an appointment to chat
with one of us in person or on the phone.

Best,

Professor Eve Darian-Smith _darian at global.ucsb.edu_

Dr. Philip C. McCarty _mccarty at global.ucsb.edu _

_http://www.summer.ucsb.edu/AustraliaTravel/australiadirectorltr.html_