[arthistorymajors] Art History Undergraduate Association

Art History Majors arthistorymajors at uci.edu
Wed Apr 7 10:40:32 PDT 2010

Subject: Fwd: Art History Undergraduate Association
From:    "Phyllis Farnsworth" <phyllisfarnsworth at gmail.com>
Date:    Tue, April 6, 2010 6:42 pm

We want you!

On behalf of the Art History Undergraduate Association (AHUA) I would like
to invite you to join our club and participate in this quarter's events!

See us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2212735032&ref=ts

If you are familiar with our club you know we welcome Art History Majors and
Minors to get involved. The Art History Undergraduate Association is a club
that strives to organize and offer opportunities for greater campus
involvement in the art world. We coordinate a variety of events to engage
students with one another, as well faculty members, and familiarize them
with Southern California art establishments. AHUA provides its members a
means of communication with graduate students and faculty. The relationships
built through this network benefit and prepare Art History students for the
future. Currently, members are looking into bringing an alumni aspect to
AHUA which would work as a network between students and art professionals.
We meet twice a quarter and congregate on and off campus periodically
throughout the year.

On April 24th, we will meet @12pm at the Subway located on the corner of
Jamboree and Campus to grab a sandwich before we head to LACMA. If you have
never been to *LACMA* it is a Museum located on Los Angeles's Museum Row and
is one of my personal favorites! For those of you in Whiting's class this
quarter, this trip will be a good way to get a ride  and enjoy good company
to the required exhibit *American Stories: Paintings of Everyday Life
1765-1915. *

On May 2nd, come support the local *Orange County Museum of Ar*t for a tour
of the new exhibit @12pm and artist's talk @1:30pm!

If your a fan of food and drinks, you'll want to come to our annual *Art
History Party* on May 20th! All Art History Faculty and many Art History
students will be there and you will be able to make some good connections
prior to end of the quarter.

Branching out of Orange County, we've prepared a trip to *Museum of
Contemporary Art San Diego* on May 23 @12pm.

This is a lot of information, I know. Follow us on our facebook page to
receive updates! (Don't worry we won't bombard you will needless
information). Event information is available on our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2212735032&ref=ts

We are looking forward to having current members increase their
participation and adding new members as valuable additions to our club!

--
Best Regards,

Phyllis Farnsworth

B.A. Global Studies and Art History '10