[arthistorymajors] History of Photography this Summer

Art History Majors arthistorymajors at uci.edu
Thu Apr 9 13:32:14 PDT 2009

Dear Art History Majors,

This summer I am teaching a class on the History of Photography.
Attached you will find a PDF outlining the basic aim and scope of the
course.  I encourage any of you interested in modern visual culture,
19th and 20th century art, American and European history, and (most
importantly) the uses and meanings of photography, to enroll in the
course. If you have questions about specifics, please feel free to email
me. A website for the course, including a full syllabus, should be up by
the end of May. In the meantime, thank you for considering the course.

Best regards,
Chris Balaschak

--
Candidate, PhD Program in Visual Studies
University of California, Irvine