[UCI-Calit2] REMINDER: GP requests your attendance at All Hands Meeting

Anna Lynn Spitzer aspitzer at calit2.uci.edu
Fri Sep 4 14:29:30 PDT 2009

Reminder

Dear Colleagues:

As Calit2 enters its second decade of innovation in 2010, it is
incumbent upon us to reflect on prior successes and to refine the
technical vision of the Institute.  Much has changed since UC San Diego
and UC Irvine faculty first came together to articulate a bold vision
for a future when advanced telecommunications and information
technologies would be used to transform California. In coming months, we
want to engage our community in a strategic planning process that
articulates a visionary future based on our current strengths and
capabilities. For these efforts to be successful, it is imperative that
we have your input on the next generation of leading-edge technologies,
applications and scientific challenges.

To kick-off the strategic planning effort, Calit2 will hold an All Hands
Meeting on Tuesday, September 8 from 10-11:30am. We will provide an
overview of the state of Calit2 and discuss the process for defining the
Institute's future. All faculty and staff are encouraged to attend this
meeting, and to encourage cross-institute participation, the discussion
will take place simultaneously via a live video link between Calit2's
auditoriums at UC San Diego and UC Irvine. This meeting will officially
launch the Calit2 strategic planning process under which we hope to
produce a finalized plan by March 1, 2010.  If you can attend, please
e-RSVP to either Doug Ramsey (UCSD) dramsey at ucsd.edu or Shellie
Nazarenus (UCI) snaz at calit2.uci.edu

We urge you to join us in the first step of defining our collective
future.

Sincerely,

Larry Smarr, G.P. Li , Ramesh Rao