[CPCC] SEMINAR: Secrecy in MIMO Interference Channel 3/29 Monday 10 AM

Ender Ayanoglu ayanoglu at uci.edu
Sun Mar 28 12:17:53 PDT 2010

                                CPCC SEMINAR

         MIMO Interference Channel with Confidential Messages:
          Achievable Secrecy Rates and Beamforming Design
                  from the Viewpoint of Game Theory

                                   by

                             Ali Fakoorian

                         March 29, 2010, Monday
                                  10 AM
                        Engineering Gateway 3161

                                  ABSTRACT

We study the achievable rate regions of the multiple-input multiple-
output (MIMO) interference channel with confidential messages sent
to two receivers. That is, each receiver is an eavesdropper for the
other link; he tries to decode both his own message and the message
intended for the other receiver. We describe several transmission
schemes for Gaussian interference channels and derive their achievable
secrecy rate regions while transmitters use low complexity beamforming
algorithms. Transmission schemes are also considered from their need
to the channel state information at transmitters (CSIT). We also
consider all the above topics from a game-theoretic perspective with
transmitters as players and finally we consider the result operating
points from the viewpoint of fairness and efficiency.

                         SPEAKER'S BIOGRAPHY

Ali Fakoorian received the B.S. and M.S. degrees from Amirkabir
University of Technology in 2002 and 2005, respectively, both in
electrical engineering. He has been a PhD student in EECS
Department at UC Irvine since Spring 2009.