[CPCC] SEMINAR: Gaussian Interference Channels 6/8 10 AM

Ender Ayanoglu ayanoglu at uci.edu
Wed Jun 3 20:03:32 PDT 2009

                               SEMINAR

Capacity of a Class of Symmetric SIMO Gaussian Interference Channels
                             within O(1)

                             Tiangao Gou

                             June 8, 2009
                                10 AM
                                ET 331

                               ABSTRACT

In this talk, we present a capacity approximation within O(1) result
for a class of single input multiple output (SIMO) Gaussian interference
channels. Before presenting the result, we first introduce an idea of
successive approximations of capacity of interference networks that have
emerged throughout recent research on interference channel. Taking this
idea, we study the N+1 user, 1 x N SIMO Gaussian interference channel
where each transmitter has a single antenna and each receiver has N
antennas. The generalized degrees of freedom and capacity within O(1) are
characterized for the symmetric case. The exact capacity region of this
channel is also established if the channel vectors satisfy certain
constraints.

                          SPEAKER'S BIOGRAPHY

Tiangao Gou received the B.E. degree in Electronic Information
Engineering from University of Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing,
China in 2007 and the M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from
University of California Irvine in 2009. He is currently working toward
the Ph.D. degree. His research interests include multiuser information
theory and wireless communication.